Ontario Regional Adaptation Collaborative (2018–2021)
The Climate Risk Institute is leading the Regional Adaptation Collaborative (RAC) in Ontario. The program is an initiative of Natural Resources Canada and aims to catalyze coordinated and sustained adaptation planning, decision-making and action across Canada’s diverse regions, and to facilitate collaboration of diverse stakeholders at the regional level with local governments and organizations. Through this program, the Climate Risk Institute is building adaptation capacity for multi-sectoral, multi-partner action through learning from past action, building regional partnerships, enhancing adaptive capacity in Ontario communities, and targeted dissemination of adaptation resources. This initiative is possible with support from Natural Resources Canada.
For more information, please contact the Project Manager, Jackie Richard.
Adaptation Platform Summary Documents
NRCan’s Adaptation Platform website continues to be a hub for the latest resources and tools to aid climate change adaptation planning in multiple sectors. In collaboration with report authors, CRI developed 2- page summaries of the following documents, capturing key messages:
- Adapting the Built Environment in a Changing Northern Climate
- Economic Instruments for Adaptation to Climate Change in Forestry
- Using Climate Information to Guide Adaptation Research and Decisions
- Paying for Urban Infrastructure Adaptation in Canada
- The Role of Policy in Climate Change Adaptation: Oil and Gas Sector
- High-Resolution Regional Climate Modelling in Support of Climate Change Adaptation in Ontario … read more
- Addressing the Effects of Climate Change in Environmental Assessments … read more
- A Regional Approach to Biodiversity-led Green Infrastructure … read more
- Climate planning that promotes public health: understanding health risks and how good climate planning can protect and promote public health … read more
- Building Equity Using Nature-based Solutions … read more
- Climate Change Information Products for Agriculture, Municipalities and Indigenous Communities in Bruce, Grey and Huron Counties of Southern Ontario – … read more
- Municipal Risk and Return on Investment Tool – … read more
Braving the Storm
How climate change is impacting Ontario, and what we can do about it.