Information and Tools to Support Transportation Adaptation
February 27, 2019
- Elizabeth Smalley (Transport Canada)
- Marianne Armstrong (National Research Council)
- Lo Cheng (Canadian Centre for Climate Services, Environment and Climate Change Canada)
This webinar focused on three federally-led climate initiatives of interest to the transportation sector.
- The transportation aspects of the Climate-Resilient Buildings and Core Public Infrastructure Initiative (National Research Council and Infrastructure Canada), including work underway to inform the update of the Canadian Standards Association’s Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code to account for a changing climate and the creation of guidelines for monitoring rail tracks for the effects of freeze/thaw in response to the needs of the Canadian Urban Transit Association;
- An overview of the Canadian Centre for Climate Services (Environment and Climate Change Canada), which provides climate information and data to Canadians to support decision making;
- An update on the development of Canada’s Changing Climate Report, a contribution to the National Assessment – Canada in a Changing Climate: Advancing our Knowledge for Action. This report assesses how Canada’s climate has changed, why and what changes are projected for the future, and will help inform mitigation and adaptation decision-making, and increase public awareness and understanding of Canada’s changing climate.